Welcome to Columbus City SchoolsNewly hired staff are required to read the materials posted below prior to attending an On-Boarding Session. Each document or link contains important information every new employee needs to know. Please take a few minutes to review each step.
Fingerprint/Background Check Information includes items required to complete the background check.
New Employee Checklist includes the documents to read and items to bring for On-Boarding and Fingerprint/Background check.
Please read all documents prior to your scheduled On-Boarding Session. Be prepared to sign a receipt of these documents at your On-Boarding Session.
- Ohio Ethics Commission Pamphlet
- Ethics Guidelines
- Auditor of State Fraud Reporting System Information
- Whistleblower Poster
- 2018-2019 Salary Schedule - choose the appropriate salary schedule
- Employment Verification Form
- CCS Affordable Care Act Health Care Exchange Notice
- Employee Benefits
Step 4 - What to Bring
- Documents for Employment Eligibility Verification - includes a list of acceptable documents to bring to fingerprinting (if needed) and On-Boarding for Form I-9 completion.
- FOR TEACHERS ONLY: You must provide a copy of your current teaching license as part of your hiring information and onboarding. You may access a copy at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal/.
Please print and bring a copy with your hiring packet or send a pdf of the license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about applying for a new license or about licensure, and you are being hired for a position at Columbus City Schools, please contact Nancy Young at 614-365-5658.