Welcome To World Language Middle School
The District’s new World Language Middle School is open! Sandra Santos leads the administrative team at the new immersion middle school. The program will provide a rigorous bilingual language immersion continuum for the District’s two immersion schools – Ecole Kenwood French Immersion and Columbus Spanish Immersion Academy, along with students from Columbus Global Academy, and on to grades 9-12 at Columbus North International School.
“I am excited to connect with students, families, and community partners to build a robust and engaging academic experience that promotes grade-level academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in relevant and real-world ways,” said Santos.
She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Education, Physical Education, and Health Education and a Masters of Education from Wright State University. She is fluent in Spanish and is an experienced language translator. She was also formerly an assistant principal at Mifflin High School.
Update - Return from Winter Break
Dear WLMS Movement Families,
As we return to school on Monday, January 3, the health and safety of our students and staff are our number one priority. Here are the things you can do to help us:
- If your child is sick or has any cold, flu or COVID symptoms, KEEP THEM HOME! This includes headache, body aches, sore throat, runny nose, cough, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach ache or fever. Don’t send your child to school sick.
- Ask your child about these symptoms every day before they leave for school.
- Any absence due to these symptoms can be excused by emailing or writing a note to the school with your child’s name, date of absence and that your child had COVID symptoms
- Encourage your child to wear a mask while at school.
- Arrange for a someone to pick your child up if they become sick at school.
- Let the school know if anyone in your house has a positive COVID test.
- Call the school with any questions.
Additionally, please visit the Columbus City Schools website for the latest COVID-19 updates at ccsoh.us. Thank you.
Kate King DNP, MS, RN, LSN
Hello MOVEMENT Families of WLMS!
Thank you all for a safe and successful first week of school! Here are a few reminders:
· Early release cut off time is 1:45 pm.
· Please let office know by 1:45 pm if student transportation is changing.
· If your student does not have a working Chromebook, we are working on this and should have an answer soon.
· Per the CCS Guide to Student Success and to ensure the safety of our students, students are not permitted to wear athletic slides or flip flops to school. Please make sure your student wears appropriate shoes to school each day.
· OPEN HOUSE will be virtual this year on 9/20 from 5-7 pm. Zoom links will be sent out prior to 9/20.
· The family survey window for Panorama Ed will be from September 13-24. Surveys will be available in Arabic, English, French, Nepali, Somali, and Spanish and can be found at: surveys.panoramaed.com/ccsoh/family.
· If your student is not feeling well, PLEASE keep them home and do not risk sending them to school until they feel better.
Dropoff is in the back parking lot, which can be accessed from Sharon Ave (yellow in the map below). Upon exiting the car, students should take the sidewalk around to the front of the building (green dots in the map below), and enter through the main doors.
Pickup will also be in the back parking lot, at 2:30 pm. Cars should form a line, and wait for their kids to come out. There will be a staffperson there to help organize the students.
Welcome back to school! A note for families: WLMS does not have Latchkey.
Watch our School Choice Fair video!
Canvas creates a one-stop-shop for teaching and learning in CCS and gives families new tools to support their student’s academic journey.
Dr. Dixon pens a message to the CCS community following the tragedy in Uvalde, Texas.