EAGLES HELPING EAGLES
Would you like to help another Avalon family?
Bring in brand new
in children's sizes 5 to 10/12 (XS - M)
to the drop box in the lobby.
They will be distributed to Avalon students on an
AVALON SCHOOL SPIRITWEAR
Students may wear Avalon Spiritwear tops with jeans on Fridays!
Check out the Avalon School Spiritwear available by clicking on this link:
You'll find a wide array of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and many other items with wonderful and fun Avalon logos!
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE TRANSLATION OPTIONS FOR:
- Avalon Eagles Newsletter - Translation is available in the upper right hand corner if you are viewing on a computer and in the lower right hand corner if you are viewing on a phone (look for the human figure/icon that represents translation).
- Class Dojo - Once you open the Class Dojo app, look at the top left and click on the circle with the drop-down arrow indicating your account. Click on the settings wheel next to your account then click the arrow to the right of 'Language' to select the language of your choosing.
- Columbus City Schools website - https://www.ccsoh.us/
Select the language of your choosing at the very top left of the page on the navy blue banner.
- Avalon Elementary school website -https://www.ccsoh.us/avalones Look at the top of the page on the right where it says 'Translate.' Click on that to select your language.
- CCS Infinite Campus Parent Portal - Click at the top right of the page on the head and shoulders figure. Go to your account and you will see 'Language' in the drop down. Select your language of choice.
ESL Dept.: 614-365-8802
Volunteers from Ernst & Young (EY) bring concepts of financial literacy to life for students at Avalon Elementary School.
Over 100 different languages are spoken in Columbus City Schools, and the District is always looking for ways to engage with our non-English speaking families. One essential part of these connections is our family engagement staff.
The District received this distinction from the Healthy Business Council of Ohio (HBCO) in recognition of its healthy worksite practices.
The Columbus City Schools Health Services Team would like to take a moment to provide an update on the current respiratory viral season and share tips on keeping all of us healthy through the holidays and upcoming winter months.