During Open Enrollment all benefits-eligible employees must take one of the following actions:
· Enroll in Benefits
· Reconfirm Current Benefits
· Make Changes
· Waive Benefits
For everyone's safety there will not be in-person Benefit Specialists this year; however they are still available to assist over the phone. Make sure to schedule an appointment if you would like assistance with your enrollment.
Choose one of the two options to complete your Open Enrollment process:
- Over the Phone
- Visit US Enrollment Appointment Scheduler
- Click on the Call Center Appointments.
- Follow the prompts to select your appointment date/ time between 10am and 6:30pm EST.
- You will receive a confirmation email, coming from a secure email address, with a phone number to the Call Center.
- You must be able to access Employee Self Service (ESS) on a computer at the time of the appointment and be able to print a copy of your ESS confirmation statement for your records.
- During the co-browsing sessions, both you and the Benefit Specialist are able to see the same screen at the same time.
- Employee Self Service
- Visit: columbus.munisselfservice.com
- Click on the Benefits Tab on the left side of the screen to make your elections.
(Voluntary Benefits enrollments/changes/terminations are not available via ESS. You must schedule an appointment with US Enrollment to make changes to Voluntary Benefits)
- Over the Phone
For all the 2021 plan rates and information, be sure to review the 2021 Employee Benefit Guide.
Dependent Eligibility Verification
- Employees who add dependents during Open Enrollment and do not provide documentation verifying dependent eligibility will have these dependents removed from medical, dental and/or vision coverage.
- The Dependent Verification request will come from HMS, a third party administrator, with instructions on the verification process.
- As a requirement of the Affordable Care Act, we will need to report health care coverage for you as well as your dependents. All dependents enrolled in a CCS plan require a legal name, date of birth, gender and social security number. Make sure to have these handy when you complete your enrollment.
CCS E-Mail - Check it Regularly!
Open enrollment is all virutal this year. Email is the best way to make sure you have all the up-to-date information.
- Your CCS e-mail will be the primary source for the Benefits Team to communicate with you during Open Enrollment. Benefits enrollment status updates, problems with or corrections to your enrollment will be sent to you via your CCS e-mail.
If you have questions, contact a member of the Benefits team at email@example.com.