Columbus Hearing Impaired Program Enrollment
To enroll a child with a documented hearing loss in the Columbus Hearing Impaired Program, these are the steps to follow:
- For students living in the Columbus City Schools’ district that will be turning 3 years old, please contact Huy Elementary School/AG Bell at 614.365.5977; you will want to ask for Dawn Scott, our Educational Consultant, to schedule a student intake meeting.
- For districts contacting regarding potential placement within the CHIP program, please contact Huy Elementary School/AG Bell at 614.365.5977; you will want to ask for Shelly Stark, our Educational Consultant, to schedule a student tour and to discuss the placement process.
- For students living outside of the Columbus City Schools’ district, parents will need to contact their local school district special education representative.
- The student’s background information will then be collected (birthday, address verification, parent photo ID, etc). Parents living in Columbus City School district will need to enroll their child at our central enrollment office.
- The student will be evaluated by all necessary school staff.
- A meeting will be held to determine the child’s needs, services, and placement.