Family Letter From Dr. Talisa Dixon on Senior Fees
Dear Columbus City Schools Seniors and Families,
The Columbus Board of Education has approved the recommendation of the Superintendent to waive the $70 senior fee for students in the Class of 2020. The decision is aimed at avoiding an additional burden to seniors who are already enduring a stressful end to the academic year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is important to note, the Board of Education action only applies to the $70 senior fee. This change does NOT apply to any fines the student may have incurred over their academic career.
All fines (including for library books, missing textbooks, course fees, missing or lost devices, etc.) will have to be paid before a student can graduate.
- $70 Senior fee is waived
- Fines are not waived and must be paid prior to graduation
Following this letter is an explanation of the refund process below.
Dr. Talisa Dixon
Superintendent/CEO, Columbus City Schools
Procedures for Refunding Senior Fees
Procedures for Refunding Senior Fees:
The process by which the senior fee ($70) will be refunded will be dependent upon the method used to make payment.
- Payment online or in person with credit card or eCheck
- Payment in person with cash, check or money order
- Payment made by Project Connect or other outside entity on student’s behalf
Payment with credit card or eCheck:
- Refunds can only be issued to the original credit card or account used for payment.
- NOTE: If the credit card or banking information used for payment has changed, please contact Haley Oldaker via email at email@example.com.
- If your credit card or banking information has not changed, you do NOT need to contact anyone. A refund will be posted to your account automatically.
- Depending on the processing time of your financial institution, it can take up to 2-3 weeks before a refund appears on your financial statement.
Payment with cash, check or money order:
- A refund check will be generated based on the information provided in Infinite Campus.
- What's needed: name of person who made payment, address for refund check and amount to be refunded.
- Please verify that all personal contact information in Infinite Campus is correct.
- CCS will reach out to parents/guardians/students if information is not available in Infinite Campus.
- NOTE: If the mailing address has changed, please contact Haley Oldaker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org AND update the information in Infinite Campus.
- Refund checks will be created by the accounts payable department once all documentation is received.
- Once processing is complete, it can take 2-3 weeks before refund checks are received.
Payment made by an outside entity (i.e., Project Connect, Franklin County, etc.):
- If payment was made on a student’s behalf by an outside agency, refunds will be provided to the appropriate entity.
- Funds will NOT be refunded to the parent/student.
Paying Present Student Fees or Past Due Fines
Credit card or eCheck payments can be made on Infinite Campus through student or parent portal.
Cash, check, money order, or credit card payments can be made at Central Enrollment, 430 Cleveland Ave., 43215, during the following times:
Thursday, May 21, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 26, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 28, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Families can also mail a check or money order to Columbus Education Center (Student Fees/Fines), 270 E. State St., Columbus, OH 43215. Payment must include the student name, ID number, school, fine to be paid, and the amount.
If you don’t know what fees/fines are owed, please reach out to your school principal.