• Special Education Records Department

    Columbus City Schools (CCS) special education department has staff assigned to respond to record requests for Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and Evaluation Team Reports (ETRs).  Maintaining and quickly responding to requests for special education records within a timely manner will ensure there is no interruption in student services when a that individual transfers to another school and helps provide proof of a disability to outside organizations.  Most original IEPs and ETRs are kept at Hudson Distribution Center at 737 E. Hudson St.  Columbus, Ohio 43211.  

    Hudson receives approximately 3500 records requests yearly from approximately 240 various entities.  These entities may include schools, courts, law offices, universities, county developmental disability offices, and social security.  

  • Memo regarding requests for special education records 

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

  • Record Requests for Current Students

    All individuals or organizations are required to use Scribbles K12 transfer website to request special education records for current students.  This website provides a more secure system and ensures quicker response times to requests.  Click https://transfer.scriborder.com/  to create an account so that you can submit your records request.  


  • Alumni Requesting Records

    CCS Alumni can go the link below to begin the process of requesting transcripts, IEPs, ETRs, and other information.  Scriborder does not process requests for current students other than IEPs or ETRs.  Current students can request records from their respective school.  


  • Digitizing Student Records

     Hudson Records Room

    The special education records department is currently in process of digitizing all IEPs and ETRs.  This is a monumental task since CCS has the largest number of special education students within the state of Ohio.  The goal is to help increase response times to records requests, prevent loss of records, and to maintain long term access to the documents.


  • Download and Send MTSS-IAT Records

    MTSS-IAT records are now completed and kept through Infinite Campus.  CCS secretaries who wish know whether these forms exist for a student and how to find and download them should watch the video below.